We are quite sure that you are going to LOVE Clouds! It is based on the hymn tune "Lasst Uns Erfreuen", which many of us know better as the hymn "From All That Dwells Below the Skies". This selection was also the inspiration for our seasonal T-shirt this year, from 1 Chronicles 29:11 - "Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
Clouds is also, by far, the most challenging selection we are playing this summer. In fact, we have not attempted music of this difficulty level since before COVID and the "relaunch" of LVW. Having said that, however, the band is taking on this challenge in a way that they have approached every challenge - and that is with the greatest effort with the gifts with which they have been blessed. I truly hope that you will be able to attend at least one of our parades during the week of July 2 - 8 to hear Clouds on the street. It is the type of musical selection for which LVW has come to be known over the years - strong, recognizable, Christian music!
Camp #3 Information
The next camp is primarily a rehearsal camp, with no parades. And since it is only a two day camp, the kids will only be spending one night at FVL. Therefore, they can pack lightly!
The Camp will begin at FVL on Saturday morning, June 24, at 10:00 AM.
PLEASE NOTE: Here is information Mrs. Hohenstein sent to parents from the "Southern Schools" last week concerning travel for this coming weekend. After meeting with the students from KML, WLHS, WLA, and LPS, it seems like the kids/families/parents have a pretty good start of transportation to and from the camp.
From Mrs. Hohenstein: Please visit the google sheet about transportation. There is no bus for June 24,25. There will be TWO vans from KML that can fit some of us--so we're opening that up to KML kids first. We ask that the rest of you carpool/drive themselves since there is no parade and it is just one night. Please sign up yes/no for the vans on June 24,25 by the end of the week so we can open it up to the other schools.
Form is here: KML Transportation Google Form
The Camp will conclude on Sunday, June 25, at 4:00 PM.
No Parades Next Weekend
The packing list for Camp #3 will be a bit different from the first two camps, since there are no parades. So the band members will not need to bring their Black Shoes/Socks and A4 Compression Shirts.
Two Standstill Concert Performances on June 24
We have been invited to perform standstill concerts at two senior assisted living homes next weekend! For those two performances, the band members will be wearing their Seasonal T-Shirt and shorts/tennis shoes. Please - pack a nice pair of shorts for these performances, rather than athletic or bike-style shorts. Please don't forget the seasonal shirt at home!
The performances will be on Saturday afternoon, June 24. The first will be at Aspire Senior Living in Kimberly. The Executive Director at Aspire is a former LVW member from Manitowoc Lutheran HS. So it was natural that she wanted LVW to perform for the residents! The second will be at Rennes/Renaissance Assisted Living in Appleton. We were invited by a former LVW Parent and long-time LVW supporter who is now a resident at Rennes. We are so happy that the schedules worked out to be able to perform for these senior communities! It has been many years since we have had that kind of opportunity.
Parents - these are not public performances. We want our members to give their entire focus to the residents of these two communities, rather than their families. Some of you may have relatives at these homes, and if so, you are more than welcome to come and enjoy the performances! One of the benefits of playing at retirement communities is that the kids will have a chance to mingle with the residents briefly following our performances. Since we are also going to worship at Mount Olive that evening, the time at each retirement home will be quite brief. Therefore, we kindly ask that you don't try to attend these performances (unless you have a relative at one of these homes). We thank you for your cooperation!
2:30 PM - Aspire Senior Living, 825 Cobblestone Lane, Kimberly WI 54136
3:30 PM - Renaissance Assisted Living, 301 E. Florida Avenue, Appleton, WI 54911
5:30 PM - Worship at Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 930 E Florida Avenue, Appleton, WI 54911
Camp #3 Packing List
1. Instrument and/or other necessary equipment
2. All music and warm-ups—memorized as much as possible!
3. Enough comfortable clothing for two days of camp, especially comfortable shoes!!
4. Sunscreen or sunblock (SPF 30 or higher) – and be sure to use it! A WIDE-BRIMMED hat/baseball cap is also a MUST. We will be outside for much of camp.
5. A one gallon (or other large size) water jug LABLED WITH YOUR NAME
6. Reeds, valve oil, slide grease, cork grease, etc.
7. Sunglasses are a definite bonus!
8. Tennis shoes
9. Seasonal T-Shirt and Nice Shorts for the two Concerts on Saturday (they will also wear this to church on Saturday)
Students should pack a bag lunch for Saturday. All other meals will be provided by LVW. The members will again stay overnight at FVL.
LVW will be attending 5:30 worship at Mount Olive Lutheran Church on Saturday night. The band members will be wearing their Seasonal T-Shirt and nice shorts for the performances, and since there won't be time to change before church, they will wear this "uniform" for church as well.
TRANSPORTATION HOME FOLLOWING CAMP #3
Since there is no parade this coming weekend, LVW will disperse from FVL. Check with your school's transportation coordinator for plans following the rehearsal on Sunday afternoon.
If you are going to be picked up following the rehearsal, and are not returning on the bus or with your school’s transportation, the following procedures MUST be followed:
1. Your parents must pick you up. For this weekend, that will be on Sunday, at FVL. If you are picking up your child at FVL, you must be there when the band is ready to leave. If you are not there when the band is ready to leave, your child will come with the band.
2. Your parents must check you out with the attendance chaperon from your bus. This must be done with you and your parent present.
3. If your parents are not there when the band is ready to leave, you will come with us. We leave no one behind – EVER!
4. You may not ride home with anyone else other than your parents UNLESS you have a written permission signed by your parents, and UNLESS that written permission is put into our hands. Parents may also email either Mr. Neujahr or Mr. Klemp, or text Mr. Neujahr at 920-740-3924 with that information. Parents from KML may email Mrs. Hohenstein, and parents from MLHS may email Miss Scharf. If you are bringing a signed note, DON’T FORGET THE NOTE AT HOME, because there are NO EXCEPTIONS!