Everyone should bring a BAG LUNCH for Wednesday, June 29.
- Sleeping bag and pillow. A blanket or pillow for inside the bus is recommended, or a sweatshirt of some kind. It can be chilly on the bus for those long rides.
- Air mattress (optional)
- ONE suitcase and ONE small carry-on bag for inside the bus – LABELED WITH NAME, ADDRESS, AND NAME OF SCHOOL
- "BUS FOOD" - do not go overboard on this! LVW students are fed VERY WELL while on tour!
- A small draw-string bag or backpack will be very useful for days when we are sightseeing for storing cash, hats, phones, etc.
- Movies (DVD) for on the bus – Disney movies, Zorro, The Princess Bride, the usual! R-rated movies are NOT acceptable.
- All personal items as needed (towel, soap and shampoo, several changes of clothes, DEODERANT, etc.)
- BLACK SHOES AND SOCKS (several pairs), Black A4 T-SHIRTS (two to several), CLEAN BLACK GLOVES, BLACK SHORTS FOR UNDER THE UNIFORM, GUARD APPAREL, ETC. (Note we have FOUR parades and TWO field shows this trip!)
- Instruments, field bag, dot books, music binder, reeds, oils, etc. – CASES MUST BE LABELED AS INDICATED ABOVE
- Water jugs, sunscreen, sunglasses, comfortable marching shoes, hats, etc.
- Spending money for souvenirs – We will be attending a DCI show while in Massachusetts; a community July 4th celebration (with food vendors) in Wakefield; the Freedom Trail in Boston; and the Cherry Festival grounds in Traverse City. In addition, the band members will need to provide for themselves a few meals (see complete Tour Itinerary in a separate post) while on the trip. They will also want some spending money for other small items when we stop at rest areas, such as soda, chips, trinkets, and the like. We will also be selling juices, water, and Gatorade on the bus for either $.50 or $1 or so. It is hard to tell you how much money to bring, but figure souvenir t-shirts or sweatshirts are between $10 and $40, and the meals could average $10 - $15 each. It is up to you how much to bring.
- The students, staff, and volunteers will also need to bring $25 for the ticket to the DCI show. Cash is OK, and if bringing a check it can be made out to "Lutheran Vanguard of Wisconsin" with "DCI Tickets" on the memo line.
We will also plan on stopping at a laundromat at some point in the tour, possibly after the Freedom Trail, so it isn't necessary to pack clothes for all 11 days! Plan on packing for about 7 or 8 days instead. LVW will cover the cost of the washing machines and dryers, and also supply the detergent.